Friday, October 21, 2005

Dang it ... I knew it would be one of THOSE days!

So I wake up this morning to the sound of my alarm bleeting at me. I reach to shut it off and think, "weird that the alarm was set ... it's Saturday. But thank God I get to go back to sleep because man am I tired."

I then start thinking about how happy I am that I get to sleep in and don't have to be anywhere and isn't life grand! But just as the joy of being able to sleep in is fading into the unconsciousness of sleep there is a little voice at the back of my brain saying "don't you think it is weird that you set the alarm on a Friday night? Why would you do that? When have you ever set an alarm when you didn't need to?? Doesn't something seem wrong with this picture? Are you SURE it's Saturday???"

And so my fogged brain worked on this problem for several minutes before coming to the horrifying conclusion that it was indeed NOT Saturday and YES I needed to be OUT OF BED and had a WHOLE 'NOTHER DAY OF WORK STILL. ARGH!

And that's how my day started.

Fast forward to now.

I just found out the work day would be ending with a meeting. Sure, sure .. the meeting is only SCHEDULED from 4:00 pm to 4:30 pm .... but what are the chances I still won't be stuck in it when 5 pm rolls around?? Slim to none, my friend, slim to none. Sigh.

Tomorrow IS Saturday though. And I am sleeping in, damn it!!

No comments: