Tuesday, February 28, 2006

This is a TWO Sticky Note Situation

So I head over to the microwave at work the other day to heat up my five star meal (you know, from the famous chef, Lean Cuisine (I know, y'all are just SO jealous!)). And I notice a yellow sticky note stuck to the microwave.

The handwritten note reads:

"Caution: Do not leave unattended during use. Part on order"

Huh??

Now, don't y'all think a little MORE information should be given in a situation like this?! You know, when you're using a device that deals with intense heat and with radiation?

I mean, it would be nice to know if The Broken Part is simply one of the microwave's legs. And that the appliance may suddenly tip slightly to one side during use thereby causing some of your food to spill.

Similarly, it would be nice to know if The Broken Part is the seal which keeps you from dying a slow, painful death from radiation poisoning. OR perhaps the part which keeps the microwave from exploding!

Because, let me tell you, inquiring minds would like to know, ya know?!

Because spilled food might be worth the risk.

Death By Microwave ... not so much.

Just sayin' is all.

5 comments:

Mark and MeLissa said...

I'm thinking that if the MW is still "noted" today, I would be making a run to Red Robin, Jamba Juice or another equally tasty venue. :)

Tai said...

Um...good luck?

T1 said...

I would be close enough to hear the beep...but maybe say...not right there. CB's folks had one of those devices which tells you where the "safe zone" is in relation to your microwave. You'd be amazed how far away you should be.

Kat said...

Really? So my hovering right over the thing everytime I cook something would be BAD then?? :)

Liz G. said...

It would definitely explain a lot of things! :)