Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Tuesday Randomness

Okay, some Tuesday randomness for you:

  • I have finished TWO pairs of the Christmas gift socks now and have finished the ribbing on the second of the third pair. And hello?... it's STILL November! That's right, folks .... (*knock on wood*)... I do believe I'll be finished with these by Christmas. Whoo hooo.... who'd have thunk it??
  • A couple of book titles I stumbled across while surfing ... errr, I mean working .. today. They just crack me up!

  • Why Do Men Have Nipples? Hundreds of Questions You'd Only Ask a Doctor After Your Third Martini
    by Mark Leyner, Billy Goldberg

    When Will Jesus Bring the Pork Chops?
    by George Carlin

    Freakonomics : A Rogue Economist Explores the Hidden Side of Everything
    by Steven D. Levitt, Stephen J. Dubner

    Running with Scissors: A Memoir
    by Augusten Burroughs


    "Running with Scissors: A Memoir"!! .... gahahahaha! Love that one! Even more so than "Who Moved My Cheese?" (by
    Spencer Johnson and Kenneth H. Blanchard) which has been my favorite title for awhile now!
  • My friend Ms C's knitted poncho she just finished! Look how absolutely beautiful! (damn talented people!):



  • What is up with me and The Nesting lately? I am just spending money left and right for things for the home. Thank goodness I've not found any furniture that moves me because surely I'd be more than happy to dig the ole credit cards out for bigger expenses too. As it is, I'm buying curtains and ... are you ready for this ... spin and store storage containers (ya know, like tupperware that stores on its own little Lazy Susan). Do y'all know I don't cook? Because it would make sense if I cooked a lot ... needing the tupperware* for all those leftovers. (which isn't to say I don't ever have lots of leftovers ....but luckily those nice waiters and waitresses box that stuff right on up for me. ;))

    But my theory on buying this spin and store crap is two-fold.

    1) On sale. (enough said ... right, Ladies?) :) But really, only $9.99 ... usually $19.99. Look at all the money I saved! (hehehe)
    2) I was thinking I would bake** brownies tonight to bring on my Thanksgiving trip. And wouldn't tupperware be nice in which to store it? To protect it from all the jostling on the drive? Yep, that's what I thought. ;)

And last, but certainly not least...
  • Any Fantasy Football widows out there? I just heard of a fantasy league for you! It's called: Fantasy Fashion League! That's right, you choose celebrities, you choose designers, and you get points for every time one of your celebrities wears your designer! What an absolute hoot, right??! :)


*please note I use the term "Tupperware" to describe any and all little plastic food storage containers with those plastic tops. Even though I realize "Tupperware" is actually a brand of those and certainly not what I purchased today. I do the same thing with Kleenex and Xerox. What can ya do?? :)

** "baking" is not "cooking". (welcome to my Crazy!)

No comments: