Thursday, August 17, 2006

Uhhh, I'll pay you $5 to keep them.

HOLY COW! Y'all aren't gonna believe this! Check this out.........




This is a coffee table and two end tables for sale today on Craigslist. Do you KNOW how much the seller is asking for them??!!! Can you guess??

Did I hear a $100? How about $10? Or maybe a whopping $225??

Well, y'all would be so far off. Take your guess and add in the cost of a condo in North Carolina and you'd be closer.

They are asking a whopping SEVENTY-FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS for those hideous pieces of furniture. Can you believe that? I mean, truly ... IF they were worth that amount why the hell are they being sold on Craigslist?! Don't you think a rare furniture dealer should be handling the sale? Maybe Christie's? Something!

SHEESH! Some people's children, I tell ya.

I will say this for those tables though ... they would go awful nice with that $3700 couch set, dontcha think??! :)

p.s. To the seller of this "pretty yellow dresser" ....




I'll give you the "dresser" part of that subject header. But "pretty" ... oh no, no, my friends. That ain't pretty. And trying to dress up your sales pitch by also calling it "shabby chic" is just too much. I know "shabby chic" ... and that ain't it. "Shabby", yes. Not a "chic" in sight.

I mean, don't get me wrong, this dresser certainly has "very cute" potential. I love the lines of it. And if I had the time or the gumption I'd take on refinishing it myself if it was actually a quality/sturdy dresser. But as is ... I wouldn't be surprised to see this sitting on someone's curb with a "free" sign on it. I mean, seriously, does that drawer even close???!

No comments: