Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Guilty!!!!!!

At least that was the line I was going to use during the voir dire if I ended up on a panel during jury duty yesterday.

Me: "Yes, Mr Attorney, I'm pretty sure he is guilty."

Mr Attorney: "How can you say that when you haven't even heard the case yet??"

Me: "Well, just look at the guy ..... looks guilty to me. And hello .... his shoes! Those are criminal! He needs to spend time in jail just for buying those!!! What more do you need?? The police thought he was guilty. The prosecutor who reviewed the evidence thought he was guilty. The grand jury thought he was guilty. And those shoes SCREAM guilty. So ... I'm goin' with "guilty"! Is that a problem??!"

Yeah, I figured that would get me out of jury duty! Even if it meant I was thrown in the pokey for contempt of court or something instead. :)

Whoo hoo!

(Actually, serving on juries would be interesting to me. But I have a lot going on this week and so didn't want to have to deal with the drive downtown during rush hour more than once! I can be lazy like that! :))

But man, quite some characters in that there jury pool, let me tell you. There must have been about 200 of us trapped in a room. You've got the folks that go around trying to talk to people. And the folks that slap on their headphones and glare at anyone who tries to approach. One guy was doing a Rubik's Cube (hello, 1982!!!). And my favorite was the gent who grabbed up the remote control for the shared tv in there and never asked anyone else what they might want to see. Nope, just turned on the tv and started flipping channels. At one point he had ESPN on and I could see a good number of men get that glazed look in their eyes and then zombie walk their way to the first few rows of seats so they could watch too. But Mr Remote Controlling Freak soon just started flipping channels at his whim again and he almost had a Zombie Rebellion, let me tell you. But seriously, WHO DOES THAT?! You've got a room full of people and you just take the controller and never ask anyone else what they might be interested in. Can you say "rude"???. Anyway, I trekked to a row of vacant seats halfway back in the room and got lost in the Dean Koontz book "Midnight". Kinda freaky but gripping enough to keep me entertained without having to smack the remote guy til he turned the tv on to something I actually wanted to watch! :)

Let's see ... what else? No other dates with Deadbeat. And none planned.

I have yet to track down a decent supply of Godiva's Heaven In A Bottle and I'm not so happy about that. I actually contacted Godiva and they just gave me the location of their Godiva stores (ya know, the ones in malls). Which wasn't very helpful for two reasons:

1) who wants to trek to an indoor mall whenever they get a craving for a quick bottle of heaven? Uh hello ... no! We want quick easy access on every corner, damnit! Or at least give us something we can order online so we can have a stockpile delivered!! SHEESH!

2) I went to the Godiva downtown yesterday since the courthouse was close to the mall and Godiva's didn't have them there!!!!!!!!!!!! (bastards!!). The lady did say, however, that they should be showing up in places like 7-11 and Plaid Pantry and little Mom And Pop stores any time now. She did give me an example of one such mom and pop store downtown but hello ... downtown is NOT convenient. I need something out in my neck of the 'burbs! IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK?? Yeah, I don't think so! The good news is, the Godiva stores have their own little bit of heaven going on. They can make you drinks there. Nothing coffee related (or was there?) but definitely drool worthy! So it wasn't a complete waste of time!

In the meantime, today I am drowning my sorrow in a bottle of Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Fudge Brownie Milkshake. I popped in a 7-11 at lunch on my Godiva Hunt and found this instead. Yeahhhh. Life is good. Still want me my Godiva but it is hard to go wrong with B&J! Oh well, one 7-11 checked off my search list..... 10 gagillion to go!!!! (if y'all happen to notice those Godiva Mochas anywhere, please let me know!)

That's about it for now! Hope all is grand with all y'all!!!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I told my friend Joni about them and she found them 2 for 1 at king soopers which is owned by Kroger. Any chance you have one of those where you are at? I was unable to find them at the KS by my house. She hasn't tried it yet.I will let you know what she says