Wednesday, February 07, 2007

I've come a long way, baby!

Or so it would seem when I was comparing pictures of the first cake I did for Course I with the final cake I did for Course III. What do you think?? :)


Cake #1 at left ... in case you couldn't tell! ;)



(tee hee. I still can't help but snicker at that first cake.)

By the way, I found a perfect use for that icky fondant icing that everyone at work gave a thumbs down to last week. I used it to make the decorations!! How brilliant is that? I was able to make the roses and leaves and let them dry til hard ... and now they can be used again and again (for any cake that I don't give away, that is!).

That works SO much better for me than the buttercream roses. For some reason I can never get the buttercream consistency correct and my poor little roses just melt down into little rose blobs. These .... no melty ..... much better. Whoo hooo!

But anyway, I was able to ice the cake in the regular buttercream frosting and just use the fondant for decorations. Folks at work ... Oh So Happy!

p.s. I know I have been The Ultimate Blog Slacker lately. But I do have some items to share. And will hopefully get those posted later this week! With pix ... of some Pretties even (fingers crossed!!!!)

No comments: